I am confused. Are totally mindless masala movies like these even supposed to be reviewed? So today let me hit this movie in a totally different way.
20 Things you learn from Pokiri:
1. Heroes have exceptional superhuman strength.
2. Heroes love to fight in sheds because it is a nice place.
3. You should never lose the keys of the shed after locking it.
4. The hero always dances and sings after a successful fight.
5. The hero loves to dance with girls in blue sarees.
6. You should wear 3 shirts on top of one another even in summers to look smart.
7. Guns used by the police have crooked barrels.
8. Girls like it when you stop them in railway stations and stare at their breasts.
9. Hero learns to use a pistol by seeing movies.
10. Police Sub-Inspectors are sex-starved and corrupt.
11. Villains love BDSM.
12. Hero's gun never needs to be reloaded.
13. The bad guys need to reload after every 2 shots.
14. Girls wear skimpy clothes and sing in hoarse voices to impress the hero.
15. The hero is better than even the desperado Antonio Banderas as he kills all the guys who come to kill him in his house. Even Banderas had to flee.
16. He loves to dance and sing with item girls in between a meeting with the head villain.
17. Good looking girls have bastard boyfriends.
18. All rogues are actually undercover police officers, or brothers of police officers.
19. Police SIs are dull minded.
20. Police Commissioner sends only 1 police officer to take down an entire gang of 20-30 hardened criminals. And that officer doesn't even care to take a gun!